1. Check-in time starts at 2 p.m. and ends at 11 a.m. Changing the time of check-in is possible only upon agreement with the owner.
2. The person renting the cottage shall present a valid identity document upon arrival.
3. Handing over and handing back the cottage takes place in the presence of the staff of the resort.
4. The number of people accommodated in the rooms must not exceed the number of people registered and having paid for their stay. If unauthorised people are found in the cottage, the cost of their stay is borne by the registered person.
1. Guests using the services of the resort undertake to observe the provisions of these rules and regulations, occupational health and safety and fire safety regulations and to comply with the requests of the resort staff in exceptional situations.
2. Any faults noticed during the use of the cottage, please report them to the staff on an ongoing basis. Defects will be rectified on an ongoing basis by the maintenance staff.
3. Holidaymakers are financially responsible for damaged or lost items which are provided for use in the cottages.
4. Damages caused by holidaymakers are settled on the spot.
The resort is not responsible for valuables and money left in the cottages. Please take due care in closing the windows and doors when leaving the cottage. The resort is not responsible for items left outside the cottage, including on the terrace.
6. Curfew from 10.30 p.m. to 7.00 a.m.
7. Persons disturbing the peace and order in the Centre may be removed without any right to compensation.
8. It is forbidden on the Centre premises to:
(a) disturbing the peace and rest, including playing loud music,
b) lighting fires,
c) indecent, vulgar behaviour,
d) it is prohibited to leave furniture outside the veranda area
e) littering and soiling the centre.
9. Guests are obliged to behave appropriately and culturally towards the Centre’s staff as well as towards other Guests.
10. Persons violating the rules of these regulations will be obliged to leave the Centre without reimbursement.
11. Persons who are not holidaymakers in the Centre and stay there after 10 p.m. are obliged to leave the Centre. Any longer stay should be reported to the staff.
12. Pets are allowed in the Centre, after prior notification to the staff. Pet owners are obliged to clean up litter and take their pets out of the premises. 13,
13. Parking only in parking spaces designated for that purpose or in places indicated by employees . The car park of the resort is free of charge, unguarded and the gate is locked at night between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Any arrivals or departures between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. must be reported to staff.
14. The owner of the centre is not responsible for vehicles left on the premises of the centre or property in them.
15. In case of losing the key to the cottage, the guest is obliged to immediately report to the owner in order to replace the lock and pay a fee of PLN 40.
16. Children and young persons under 18 years of age may stay in the Centre when accompanied by adults.
17. Barbecues may only be lit approximately 1.5 metres away from the lodge. The person lighting the barbecue is also obliged to extinguish it and supervise it
during the lighting. 18.
18. The deposit paid for the reservation will be forfeited at the moment of cancellation of the reservation by the holidaymaker, in case of cancellation within 2 days prior to the planned arrival.
19. It is forbidden to connect electric cookers in the cottages.
20. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the cottages. Alcohol consumption is only permitted in the cottages and in designated areas.
1 The playground is intended for children aged 2 to 12 years.
2. Children using the playground must be supervised by adults.
3. Parents or guardians are responsible for damage caused by children.
4. Dogs are not allowed on the playground.
1. At all times during their stay in the Centre, children under the age of 15 must be under the constant care and supervision of adults.
2. Legal guardians of children are responsible for their behaviour, including any damage done by them.
3. The Centre is not responsible for inconveniences beyond its control, e.g.: power or water supply interruptions.
In case of violation of the provisions of these Regulations, the Centre reserves the right to refuse to provide services to a person who violates them. Such a person is obliged to immediately obey the orders of the Centre’s staff, pay for the services provided so far as well as for any damage and destruction done and leave the premises of the Centre. The Centre may refuse to accept a Guest who has grossly violated these Regulations during their previous stay.
Any disputable issues not included in these Regulations which arise in connection with the Guest’s reservation and/or stay at the Resort at Pole’s will be clarified on an ongoing basis by the Owners of the Resort and/or the Resort’s Reception.